Update on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We wanted to provide you with an update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and keep you informed as to what we are doing in response to this outbreak. We are closely monitoring the fluid status of this outbreak and are following guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the MA Department of Public Health (MA DPH).
We are trying to minimize the spread of this disease while we maintain normal business hours in the following ways:
1. Our entrance is locked. If your child has an appointment, we ask you to please call the office to check in your child, and our staff will then open the door. We will not be collecting co-payments at the time of the visit, but you will be invoiced after the visit. If you are coming to pick up or drop off forms, please call the office and our staff will open the door.
2. As some of you have already experienced, we are screening all patients for COVID-19 on the phone and in person.
3. If you/your child screens positive for COVID-19 over the phone, we will advise you and call MA DPH for further guidance.
4. If you/your child screen positive for COVID-19 in the office, we will give you/your child a mask to wear and ask you to sit in a room with the door closed and assure you have your cell phone. We will call the MA DPH for guidance and will communicate with you by your cell or in person as advised by the MA DPH.
5. We are scheduling virtual visits for some sick visits as well as some routine follow-up visits. In order to do this, we need you to sign up on the patient portal (MyChart). If your child is above 13 years old, they will need their own MyChart account. If you have not done so already, please call the office and the staff can help you/your child set up an account.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work hard to minimize the spread of this disease. We thank you for continuing to trust us to care for your family! Please stay safe!